Bullying is a pervasive issue in the United States, and unfortunately, schools are not doing enough to address it. When parents discover that their youngster is being targeted by aggression from a bully, they often feel powerless since school administrators seem to provide inadequate assistance when issues of bullying arise. That’s why one Maryland mom named Kelly Sadik refused to sit idly by when she found out who was causing her daughter pain; instead, she took matters into her own hands immediately!

Last week, a mother decided to take matters into her own hands when she followed her daughter to Aberdeen Middle School. At 8:15 am, the 41-year-old mom entered the school and tracked down her daughter’s bully with whom she came face-to-face in the classroom. Unfortunately, it appeared that this was an act of desperation after previous attempts by school authorities to control the situation were unsuccessful. In an attempt to protect her child from any further bullying or mistreatment, however excessive it may be perceived as being; She allegedly attacked the 12-year-old but ultimately injured them both in the process.

Police Captain Will Reiber said, “A verbal confrontation ensued. [Sadik] at one point placed their hands on the child, grabbing them in an effort to continue the conversation. Ultimately, a teacher was able to intervene.”

Sgt. Jason Neidig verified that the worried mother attacked the 12-year-old bully, leaving “a pretty nice-sized red mark and bruise” on her arm following an altercation within Maryland’s middle school.

Charles Bates, the father of the bully, was astounded when he received a call from school staff informing him that his daughter had been tormenting another classmate and that this student’s mother had physically assaulted her. Right in front of employees, administrators, and educators! Despite people being present at the time of the attack they were unable to prevent it.

Bates said, “The biggest concern was how quickly she got into the school, she bypassed the office, and then she got a direction location of where my daughter was.”

Bates was outraged to discover that a grown man had physically assaulted his twelve-year-old daughter, even though she had been provoking another child.

He continued, “She could have had a weapon. She could have had anything. That’s the most frightening part about it.”

Recently, Sadik was apprehended and accused of second-degree assault and infringement after the attack on the bully. Subsequently, Harford County Public Schools issued an announcement about the occurrence that happened on their premises.

“We vet folks that are coming into our schools. Protocol was followed today by our staff. Unfortunately, we had a parent that decided to break protocol,” Donoven Brooks, the school’s safety and security chief said. “Fortunately, we had staff members who immediately identified, through their vigilance and just knowing the building — that there was something that was not right and immediately stepped in to take action.”

Was this mother’s decision to confront her daughter’s bully the wrong one?