Recently, a 13-year-old girl, Gabbie, suffered severe burns on her neck by a common object used daily by adults and children alike. Jackie Fedro, Gabbie’s mother, thinks it is crucial to warn others regarding the dangers of this seemingly innocent object – a cell phone charger.

Gabbie’s injuries occurred while she was chatting on her LGd500 phone.

At the time, it was connected to its charger. As Gabbie was talking the charger passed electrical current into the metal necklace she was wearing.

The electricity pulsing through the metal and burned her neck caused Gabbie to scream. Jackie immediately froze as Gabbie bolted down the stairs clutched her neck and screaming and crying in pain.

The experience scarred Gabbie both physically and emotionally. Jackie recounts, “It’s the worst feeling in the world as a mother to watch your child scream in pain and have no idea how to help her,”.

She remembers it taking several long minutes for Gabbie to be capable of explaining what happened. Jackie had originally bought the cell phone in hopes of keeping her daughter safe and never imagined it could cause such harm.

In response to the incident, Scott Wolfson, a member of the safety commission for consumer products in the United States, explains that most burn incidents occur from batteries that overheat within the phone.

He warns that “knock off” chargers or third party batteries possess the potential to increase injuries.

Since Gabbie’s phone and all the equipment was brand new, T-mobile, their coverage provider, agreed to replace the device and cover any medicals costs.

Source: She Comes Running Down Stairs Screaming In Pain, Mom Realizes What Caused It Right Away by internetroi on Rumble